D-DAY THE 7th OF MAY
Everyone who has studied World War II knows the Allied invasion took place on June 6, commonly known as the D-DAY invasion. This year D-DAY for me was the 7th of May, the day I took ownership of a DCO-65 Taylorcraft, L2M, N50048.
Tandem seating, stick controlled, and adorned in a D-DAY invasion scheme I haven't stopped flying for the entire month. After 15 hours I was tackling 17 knot crosswinds with ease. Just when I thought I had enjoyed flying the best airplanes around, a Taylorcraft BC12D and an Ercoupe 415C, along comes this gem and I'm young again having the time of my life.
June 8th to the 10th is a gathering of the Liason 2 aircraft at the Wings and Wheels Museum in Poplar Grove, just northeast of Rockford, Illinois.
See the website at www.armywingsandwheels.com for more information.
If I can solve my mysterious oil pressure problem, I'm headed west.
Labels: D-DAY

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home