Virginia Carolinas Taylorcraft Owners Club

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

UNIVAIR RECEIVES AMOC

Tom Pittman forwarded the letter below with news Univair has a go to manufacture struts to comply with AD 2007-16-14. Click on the image to enlarge it. Click on the BACK arrow to get back to normal.


Click on the LINKS TO THIS POST to view comments or leave any.




4 Comments:

  • This is a step, I beleive this is only a clarification of the A/D. Airframes Inc. in Big Lake AK should be receiving their FAA/PMA on their struts soon. They will be using the same material and profile as their sealed Super Cub struts. They estimate the price @ $450/Strut including jury strut clamp.This is only $1800/ship set and approx.$125. too ship to the lower 48. I'm going to check again today while in Anchorage AK. I have seen their work and it is very nice. My BC12D1 has to 2 rear Univair struts and I plan on installing Airframe Inc struts on the front. The A/D only applies to vented stuts so any FAA/PMA struts should terminate it.
    Fred Johnson

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, September 20, 2007 8:15:00 AM  

  • I talked to Univair yesterday. They want $760 for a front and $ 603 for a rear strut.

    That would be bout $2800 for total replacement on a TC bc12d

    cary

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, September 21, 2007 8:24:00 AM  

  • I talked to TC this morning. They want $ 3235 as a package deal. Everything new under the wings. Clamps, jury struts, epoxy primed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, September 21, 2007 8:41:00 AM  

  • I talked with Wag-Aero and they are going to offer a solution. They are taking names.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, September 22, 2007 5:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home